Are you the best version of yourself when you get to be creative? If so, we have a dream opportunity for you!
We’re looking for the right copywriter with three to four years of experience to join our team here in Washington, NJ. By “right,” we mean someone with the talent, ambition and attitude to wake up every day and create something out of nothing. This can be anything from a company name or tagline to content for a blog or brochure. We’re looking for a writer, yes. But even more so, we’re looking for a positive and driven creator.
We’re a close-knit crew, so the ability to thrive both independently and as a team player is a must. One minute you might be sharing ideas with another writer and the next, you’ll be touching base with a designer to ensure the final product is polished, cohesive and oh-so beautiful. You will get to see your writing and your ideas come to life right in front of you. When one of our illustrators creates a new logo, you get to know that the name and concept started with you. Or, when one of our graphic designers puts the final touch on a brochure, you get to see your words in bright, shiny colors. It’s all done here—and it all starts with your ideas.
This is a full-time, in-house opportunity to join our team in Washington, NJ.
We’re All About
- Having fun as a team. Yes, we work very hard for our clients. But that’s exactly why we take time to pause and recharge! From baking competitions (we’re foodies!) to go-kart racing, there’s always something to look forward to on the KickCharge calendar.
- Helping each other learn and grow. While you’ll primarily work with the content team, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to collaborate and learn from our graphic designers, social media specialists, project managers and logo illustrators. We’ll harness what you already know and teach you everything we know pertaining to brand messaging, naming, social media and much, much more.
- Keeping it casual but professional. No need to dress to the nines when you’re here (unless that’s your style!). We have a very laid-back and casual culture. As long as you act professional toward your teammates and our clients, we encourage you to dress comfortably.
And Of Course…
- A competitive salary
- Plenty of PTO and holidays
- 401(k) plan with a stellar company match
- Health and dental benefits
- Your own space in our 5,200-square-foot office (right behind a Dunkin’, we might add)
- Summer Fridays (The fun kind!)
On Any Given Day, You Might
- Craft unique, custom content for print materials, blogs, press releases and websites.
- Brainstorm and research to help name a company or develop a tagline.
- Pitch in to write social media copy, monthly content calendars or perform other tasks to assist your teammates.
- Delve deep into a client’s creative brief to familiarize yourself with their background, story and goals for their project.
- Proofread another writer’s copy and revise your own copy based on internal and external (client) feedback.
- Virtually meet with a client to ask questions, build rapport and begin establishing the client’s brand voice.
What We’re Looking For
- A natural passion and talent for being creative
- Kindness toward your teammates, our clients and yourself!
- A team player who is confident but humble. We’re not looking for the perfect person—just the perfect attitude.
- Solid writing and verbal communication skills. Both are equally important to us!
- A can-do mindset and a self-motivated individual with the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Someone who takes pride in their work and pays meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage a fluctuating schedule.
- An eagerness to continually learn new skills and leverage the ones you already have.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel. (Asana is a huge plus!)
- A great sense of humor and someone who likes to joke around and laugh throughout the day!
About KickCharge® Creative
KickCharge® Creative is a full-service marketing agency that has served small businesses nationwide for more than two decades. From branding and print marketing materials to digital marketing, we do it all—and we do it right. We’ve won more than 200 awards and have created more than 2,000 brands from scratch. We’ve already grown tremendously through the years, and we’re just getting started! Join us in our mission to empower our clients with disruptive branding and marketing solutions—while having a blast along the way.
Think you’re the spark we’re looking for? Then we want to hear from you! Please email your most recent resume, cover letter, salary requests and some writing samples (links will work just fine) to [email protected]. In your email, please tell us what your favorite food is!
PLEASE DO NOT CALL.