R-E-S-P-E-C-T…Find Out What It Means to Us!
Marketing. It’s one of those things that in this day and age, you really can’t go without. Luckily, there are marketing agencies in NJ and throughout the country to handle this work for you. But at KickCharge Creative, we pride ourselves on going far beyond the role of vendor. We’re a partner to our clients. And with that, there comes a set of expectations for both parties. The majority of our clients meet these expectations—and we’re so grateful for that!
When it comes to the perfect marketing partnership, different agencies will define it differently. But if you’re already here, we’re guessing you’re either in a partnership with us (which is amazing!), or you’re considering one for the future (which we love!). Either way, we want you to know where we stand and the different ingredients to add (or leave out) to create the most positive, healthy and lasting relationship possible. Let’s get cookin’!
Start With a Hearty Helping of The Golden Rule
This is the first ingredient because there simply is no partnership without it. It doesn’t matter whether you’re speaking to one of our account executives, the person answering the phone or the president of our company. Treat people the way you want to be treated. We understand you’re eager to keep the wheels turning and hit the ground running with your new brand, brochure, website or other project. And we want you to know we always do everything in our power to help our clients meet their deadlines and goals—even at the expense of our own schedules. However, we ask that our partners follow The Golden Rule whether they’re communicating with us online, over the phone or in person. If you can’t abide by it, we can’t work with you.
Add In Patience & Realistic Expectations
In a perfect world, we’d be able to provide deliverables as soon as clients request them. But in reality, the creative process takes a lot of brainpower, resources and, at the end of the day, time.
We ask that you please be patient as we double-down our efforts to assist you. Repeatedly asking for deliverables after we’ve discussed timelines is not the best use of anyone’s time. Again, we would love it if we could make the creative magically appear at a moment’s notice. But that’s just not the reality.
As your partner, we do everything we can to respect your schedule and deadlines. We just ask that you do the same with us. If you establish a launch date for your new brand or website, please let us know as soon as possible. We are 100% more likely to be able to meet your expectations if you firm up your plans and communicate them to us in advance. If you decide three weeks beforehand that you must launch before a certain date or event, we cannot guarantee our ability to meet these sudden requests because, to be frank, they are simply unreasonable.
We have many different projects and clients to manage. While we always have our clients’ backs and strive to answer as quickly as possible, we ask our partners to be realistic and reasonable with their expectations. Reaching out to other members of our team because you’re not receiving a same-day response is not reasonable. Your account executive might be out sick, taking a personal day or, more likely than not, working to answer your question and provide the solution you need. We ask our partners to please be understanding and respect the fact that just like you, we have a high volume of projects.
Sprinkle In Some Communication Do’s & Don’ts
Just like any other relationship, communication is key to a healthy marketing partnership. Here are some quick do’s and don’ts when it comes to communicating with our team:
- Keep us in the loop as much as possible. The more we know about your business, goals and upcoming projects, the more value we can add as your marketing partner.
- Use Basecamp to communicate. Basecamp is the platform we use to communicate with our clients on an ongoing basis. Keeping everything in Basecamp ensures that things don’t fall through the cracks and that everyone on the project is privy to the same information.
- Tell us what you need! If there’s something about our process or your project that you’d like to discuss, please let us know. We always encourage open dialogue and would be happy to discuss how we can better assist you. All we ask is that you approach the conversation in a respectful and constructive way.
- Communicate with our team members in a disrespectful and unprofessional manner. This will simply not be tolerated.
- Communicate using the wrong channels (i.e., anything other than Basecamp!). There are many moving parts to branding and marketing projects. Therefore, it’s imperative to keep all communication organized and centralized within one location. Please use Basecamp to communicate with our team and avoid using other outlets such as email, Facebook messenger, text message, etc. Sending one message on Basecamp and another via social media or email is a recipe for confusion and error. Please work with us to keep everything organized and on-track by keeping all lines of communication within Basecamp.
- Reach out to other members of our team without giving your point of contact the opportunity to assist you and resolve any issue you’re facing.
- Hit “send” unless it’s something you would say in person. In other words, don’t be a keyboard warrior!
Don’t Forget the Positivity
We consider ourselves fortunate to do work that makes people’s lives better. While we completely understand that rebranding and adjusting your marketing can be challenging at times, it really is a great thing! You’re taking proactive steps to stand out from your competitors and own a greater market share. So, if you face any type of roadblock or setback, just remember this is a positive change you’re making and the work will pay off. We’re here to support you every step of the way so, by all means, enjoy the ride and maintain a positive mindset. We will all go much further in the end!
Mix Everything Together and There You Have It
A lasting, mutually beneficial marketing partnership. We want to conclude by saying the relationship is never a one-way street with us. We want to hear your input and make sure you feel heard every step of the way. On the flip side, we have our own set of standards and expectations for our partners. If you can meet them, the sky’s the limit for what we can achieve together. If you can’t, we’re not the right partner for you.
Ready to switch gears and KickCharge your marketing this year? Check out our success stories to see how we’ve helped other home service companies just like yours. Once you’re ready to take the next step, give us a call at 908.835.9000 or request a quote online from our NJ branding agency today.