Learn How to Promote Special Offers in Your Marketing to Generate New Business
If you’re like most people, you’re motivated by a good deal. An opportunity to save money or get more for less (or, better yet, FREE!) inspires people to stop procrastinating and take action—whether it’s to buy a product or schedule a service. No matter the original price tag, a discount accelerates sales volume. That’s why promoting specials is a smart marketing strategy. Viewers are more likely to convert (make a purchase or schedule an appointment) when they can take advantage of a limited-time offer.
All you need to do is determine the special offer(s) you will honor and then spread the word. Our small business marketing and web design agency in NJ can help craft your message and deliver it across various channels to maximize the number of eyeballs that see it. As customers cash in your coupon, you will enjoy greater cash flow as well as new relationships that promise future revenue, too.
Money-Saving Coupons Attract Shoppers
Coupons can reduce the regular price of your product or service; encourage customers to upgrade their purchase; or provide an additional item, feature or benefit for added value. Examples include:
- $25 off any service call
- 3 free filters with purchase of new filtration system
- Free WiFi thermostat with installation of any new 15 SEER or higher AC system
- $20 gift card for referring a friend
Most of the time, discounting your price with a dollar amount is more enticing than offering a percentage off. For big-ticket items, such as installing a ductless mini-split system or water purification system, consider offering a larger price break—but also with a deadline for installation (e.g. $500 off if installed by Aug. 31). It could be just the motivation a wavering customer needs to pull the trigger on that home investment.
Sweetening your already savvy service with a hot deal could lure a consumer to break his or her routine of patronizing one of your competitors. Or it could be your foot in the door when a homeowner is new to the area and hasn’t selected a service provider yet. Coupons also help encourage new sales from former or long-term patrons.
Financing Flips the Switch
The availability of financing could sway a consumer who’s struggling to choose a contractor. If you offer options to make payments over time, make sure the market knows. Promote financing prominently by describing the length of time over which the cost can be extended and whether it’s interest-free. When homeowners need you but can’t afford to pay the total bill all at once, financing can mean the difference between closing—or losing—the sale.
Spread the Word
Once you’ve chosen your coupons and financing terms, be sure to take advantage of the many ways you can communicate them. The following is not an exhaustive list, but it provides comprehensive coverage so that your special offers are sure to be seen.
- Pay-per-click advertising: You can run PPC ads specifically about your coupons, or you can use site link extensions on your service ads to include info about discounts and financing.
- Email newsletter: You should be staying in touch with your existing customers via email, and your newsletter is a prime opportunity to tout timely deals. Be sure to mention the savings opportunities in the email subject line, so they’re more likely to read it!
- Social media: People may not use social platforms like Facebook or Instagram to search for a service or product they need to purchase, but if they see a special deal while they’re perusing their news feed, it could catch their attention and inspire them to check out your company on the spot. A website click ad can take the visitor to the savings page on your website to learn more, or you can run a “contact now” ad that allows the person to call you or submit a contact form immediately, eliminating any hurdles or time delays.
- Remarketing ads: These display ads, also called retargeting ads, appear on other websites after someone has visited yours. A consumer who was checking out your website and later sees your special offer in a snazzy display ad may be more likely to return to your site—and contact you this time.
- Website calls to action: Use eye-catching calls to action on the sidebar of pages throughout your website to promote and link to the savings and financing information on the site. Someone reading about your installation services is more likely to schedule an appointment if they see a money-saving offer for the service they need.
- Direct mail: People are more likely to keep a postcard that arrives in their mailbox if it contains a coupon they can clip and use. Ensure your direct mailer does not fall into the junk mail bin (i.e. trash can) by using the piece to promote your special deals.
- Print ads: Include a coupon or describe your financing opportunities in your newspaper or magazine ad, and change it up from issue to issue. It’ll stand out from the static ads.
Promoting your special offer across multiple platforms in a coordinated campaign will reinforce your message and grow your reach. Broadcast, billboards and door hangers are other ways to tell the market.
Trust Our Experts to Craft Your Message
Once you’ve determined the offers you want to extend and the avenues by which you want to promote them, you also need catchy wording and professional design for your website and collateral to lure in that new business. The team of marketing experts at KickCharge Creative, including copywriters, designers and web developers, can ensure your strategy is well executed and effective. We will help you communicate your message and your brand professionally and consistently across all media. At our agency in NJ, web design, digital marketing and print collateral are where we shine. To get started on your promotions project, call us today at 800.836.4666 or contact us online.
If you’re new to KickCharge, mention this blog post and save $200 on your first project with us. (See what we did there?)